Skip to Main Content

Deputies Respond To Medicail Emer


On November 20, 2016 at approximately 0350 hours, Hempstead County Deputies were dispatched to 4285 Highway 67 West, Fulton, Arkansas in reference to a medical emergency.

A  53 year male, his 40 year old wife, and three children ages 10, 14, and 16 were treated at Wadley Regional Medical Center at Hope early Sunday for Carbon Monoxide poisoning. The Children were transported by EMS and the Grand Parents drove themselves to Wadley Regional at Hope.

The 49 year old Female stated that her granddaughter was sleeping on the floor next to her bed when the child woke her up. And told her grandmother that her head was hurting, and she had a stomach ache. The Child then fell to the floor, and passed out.

The Grandmother stated that she smelled what she thought was gas and woke up the rest of her family, and got them out of the house. Then called 911.

A representative from CenterPoint Energy arrived at the residence to investigate the source of the possible gas leak. And found a problem with the homes furnace.

All 5 victims were released at approximately 0700 hours Sunday.