The Hempstead County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for the position of Deputy Sheriff. Applications may be picked up at the Sheriff’s Office between 8:00 am and 4:00; pm Monday thru Friday. Applications will be accepted from January 5, 2018 – February 1, 2018.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be fingerprinted and a search initiated of state and national fingerprint file be free of felony record. A felony record shall mean having entered a plea of guilty, been found guilty, or otherwise having been convicted of an offense, the punishment for which could have been imprisonment in a federal penitentiary or a state penitentiary. The fact that an individual has received a pardon, or their record has been expunged shall not release the individual from having a felony record for the purposes of this regulation.
- Be of good character as determined by a thorough background investigation as prescribed in the Background Investigation.
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development (GED) Test indicating high school graduation level.
- Be examined by a licensed physician and meet the physical requirements prescribed in
- Be interviewed personally prior to employment by the department head or his representative, or representatives, to determine such things as the applicant's motivation, appearance, demeanor, attitude and ability to communicate. Commission Form F-11, Qualifications Appraisal Guide, or other appropriate form may be used to record the interview.
- Be examined by an individual licensed to practice psychiatry or psychology and qualified to perform such evaluations in the State of Arkansas, who after the examination finds the officer to be competent and recommends the agency to hire the individual.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
Must meet the requirements as set forth by the Arkansas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Training as established by Arkansas Code 12-9-204.